Whisper Words of Wisdom Let it Be

A chronicle of my life, including the ups and the downs dealing with chronic pain and making it through graduate school. It is a way of bringing awareness to chronic pelvic pain disorders, two of which I have: Interstitial Cystitis and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. Many women and some men suffer from these disorders, but they are not well known. This is a blog about my journey with these disorders, and about life in general. We only have one chance, so we better make the best of it.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Keep The Faith

Someone wrote this on the ICNetwork forum today, and it brought on some emotion. It is something that my grandfather always said, and has remained a staple for our family.

Through all that I have endured since last July, I know it was an uphill battle, but I have remained as strong as possible. People tell me I am a strong person, and I believe it is because of the events that have occurred in my life. Throughout my time in graduate school I have learned a lot about myself. I started out as this person with absolutely no confidence, and after many peer discussions, I started to grow. I want to remain a strong and independent woman in the science field, and hopefully achieve so many things after I get my Ph.D.

Being diagnosed with interstitial cystitis has led me through some tough times, but with any disorder there may be problems that need to be overcome. I am hoping that I am on the correct track to being better. Having some pain free days has been amazing, something I have not felt for a while.  It is no fun doing all of the treatments, taking the medications, but at least I can say that I am doing everything in my willpower to work through it.

I guess I should 'Keep the Faith' more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment